Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What's happening around here

The Girl has decided to change her name.  Apparently "Riley" is too pedestrian, so she has decided on "Stepharina Flutterina 3000."  I'm especially fond of her choice of a number for a last name.  Very cool, very hip.  Perhaps she'll be a mathematician when she grows up.  Or, you know,  a race car.
her first heels - she wears them any time she can.

I made a snap decision today (super unusual for me) to take an impromptu trip next week to meet my new baby niece.  I can't handle not seeing her before May, when I was scheduled to go, so Ms. 3000 and I are heading out for a few days.  I am dying to get my hands on that baby girl!

I've started to run without music.  This began because I forgot my earphones once, and decided to run anyway.  I thought I needed the music to distract me from what I was doing, but it turned out that really tuning into my body, into my breath, made the time fly by much faster, and made the run so much better.  I notice that when I'm tuning into my workout, I push myself harder and run further and faster.  Interesting.

It must be a spring thing, but I am thinking about painting my living room.  It's currently a bright, buttery yellow and while I have loved it, I'm thinking something more mellow might be nice.  I'm not certain I'll get around to it, but it's working it's way through my mind.

Speaking of spring - the weather here has been beautiful and I've been out on my bike several times already.  I am really looking forward to some consistent training this season - last year was rough, cycling wise - and I'm planning on riding a few centuries throughout the summer.  Much of that will depend on my time with my girl, but it's always good for me to have a goal to push for.

Riley, oh excuse me...Ms. 3000, has been so into drawing, painting, sculpting, really anything artistic lately.  I love this! I love seeing her channel some of her creative energy into a tangible product of how she views the world.  Some of her pieces are hilarious and some are so sweet and poignant.  It's such a fun window into her mind.

The artist at work.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats on the new baby girl, auntie! And the quick trip sounds perfect. Tell Ms. 3000 I love her new name. I'm changing mine to Tingle88. Missing your face and your voice and you, you, you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...