Thursday, May 31, 2012

What we'll be doing this summer

Summer Bucket List

Wow!  Tomorrow is June 1st!  JUNE!  I honestly cannot figure out where May went.  I knew it would be a very busy month, with tons of work and personal commitments (hence, little blogging), but it was even busier than I imagined. I'm happy to be able to take a breathe now that the chaos is getting under control and really think about how I want to spend the summer.

Because my life is so full of "have to do's", I have begun to be really intentional about where I spend my (very limited) free time. I want to spend it doing things I enjoy, with people I love, rather than just letting it pass by.

Summer is my favorite season - I love the more relaxed pace, the chance to be outdoors, the many festivals and events, and the general spirit of play and adventure.  I want to make the most of this summer, the last summer before my Girl enters school (Kindergarten this year - I KNOW, Right?!) and make sure we are focusing our time on the things we really want to do.  So- we talked about it and came up with our "Summer 2012 Bucket List." 

Brainstorming this list with Riley was a lot of fun.  She surprised me with some of the items she added to the list, especially "watch a baseball game."  She hasn't shown much interest in this before, but....ok!  Let's do it.  She also added "Red Butte Gardens" to the list - she loves the walking trails and the flowers there and I am more than happy to spend time with her outdoors.  The items I am the most excited about - "Go see Aunt Becky" and "Farmer's Market Photos" (with one of my favorite people - Alisha.) 

I'm excited about our bucket list and VERY excited about the upcoming summer.
So what about you? What will you be doing this summer? 

2 comments:

me said...

wow she is growing up! and looks so much like mom!!

Amy said...

ahem.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...