Tuesday, July 3, 2012

All these things I want to tell you

It's been a while since I've been around here at my blog. I miss it when I'm not here, much more than I really think I could or should. Then I come back, and everything that has been bubbling away in the back of my mind tries to spill out on the page.  

So many things I want to tell you.   Many more than could really be coherent in one blog post. 

So let me just do a quick catch-you-up, and we'll move on from there.

 Hmmm....where to begin...

-I have been devouring books this summer- staying up way too late reading on most nights.  I've always read a lot, but I can't seem to get enough these days.  These are the books adorning my nightstand right now.  

-I co-taught a class this summer at the U on Community Engaged Research. Although it's always a big time commitment,  I LOVE teaching. I so enjoy the interaction, the conversations, the ideas that happen in the classroom. I always learn as much as my students do - probably more than they do, to be honest.

-My work is going very well.  I feel so incredibly blessed to have a job that I love, and that allows me to support myself and Riley.  I really enjoy the people I work with, and the projects I work on. Want to check out what I'm working on a lot these days? Yes? Ok, go here.

 -Riley is in Kindercamp this summer (basically, it's a small class at her preschool that is supposed to her get ready for Kindergarten) and she is loving it. They keep a very busy schedule, and most days she comes home ready to drop, but she's having a ball.  They've gone on a bunch of field trips, and her dad has chaperoned several of them- Red Butte Gardens, the Fire Station, even Rock Climbing.  I'm glad that he's participating in her life in this way, and I'm very grateful that we can work together to parent Riley in a healthy, happy way. 

-My sister and her family came to visit for a week, and the time I got to spend with them was so fun!

Man, oh Man!  I just adore this little family.  
My niece is so funny and determined and fiesty and so so so cute!
And my nephews...MY NEPHEWS!  Such sweet little men! I'm completely smitten with them!
-Summer is in full swing right now, and Riley and I are having a lot of fun outdoors (when it's not too crazy hot) and having some crafty adventures inside when the sun is just too strong for our fair skin. 
I'm going to try to be better about showing up here on a more consistent basis.  I have some ideas that I want to incorporate here and I'm going to try to spend some time on the layout and design when I get a chance.   You know, someday...

Overall, things really are great here in my corner of the world.
Say it with me now:  Life is gooooood.  

3 comments:

beck said...

I think that will go up on the wall somewhere, even if L and T have toaster waffles in their grubby little hands. I love the last picture of Riley painting. Cutie.

Steph said...

I love this glimpse into your world. YAY! And such happy, beautiful photos...

Steph
xox

mysticvixen said...

ohhhhhh LOVE LOVE LOVE-- thank you for catching us up and how much do I love all the goodness that is in your world right now-- deelish!

xoxo,e

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...