Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The end of this chapter.

As 2013 draws to a close, I really can't be anything but grateful for the love and goodness it contained. Sure, there were some (really) hard times and I experienced some big losses, some major changes and the accompanying growing pains.  Still, those pale in comparison to the sweetness that has woven itself through every moment and has colored my days. 

Some of the highlights of 2013 include:
**a new job that has given me room to stretch and grow, and keeps me present to that truth that the work I do and the skills I bring to the table matter.
**Several opportunities to travel to connect more deeply with those I love, including trips to New York City/New Jersey, Colorado, Alaska, and the Outer Banks. 
**Riley finding her groove and absolutely thriving in first grade.

The past few days, I've been reflecting on what changes I want to make for myself and my Girl in 2014, and have spent some time thinking about how to best bring those into reality.  I know 2014 is a year that will bring big (exciting) changes to my life, and I want to focus my energy on bringing some audacious creative goals to fruition.   To do this, I need to clear some space (both literally and figuratively) and bring other chapters to an end.  This blog is one of those chapters.  This is the last time blog post I'll write here in this space.

This blog has told my story of so much of my life over the past six years:  as a single mama of an infant trying to figure out how the hell to live my new reality, as a divorced woman finding her way back in the world of dating and men (oh yes, that story is still being written) and as a working professional parent trying to balance both of those demanding roles.  I've written here about my joys, my heartbreaks and the thousands of little moments that have added up to a beautiful, rich life and one that I am so proud to call my own.  I love this little corner of the internet, and I am so grateful for the ability it has given me to tell my own story in my own way.  And now it's time for a new space with room for new creation and new intention, and a new year seems like the perfect time to bring that space online.  I'll be posting the link to my new site tomorrow afternoon. 

Thank you for joining me on this journey, and for helping me to get to where I am now.  The connections I've made through this blog have been life changing for me.  I do hope you'll follow me as I move into my new space.  I'm excited to share my lovely little audacious life with you.

Edited to Add:  My new blog is up and running.  I hope you'll join me there.  www.littleaudaciouslife.com. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know I don't comment much- but, I have loved reading and following your blog. Amber (Ward) Lee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...