Saturday, February 23, 2008

Gratitude Friday (On a saturday...)

I haven't been doing a great job of keeping up with the gratitude friday posts, so even though I am a day late, I thought I better post my list for this week. This week, so grateful for:

1. A fabulous weekend in the Bay Area with Becky and Joey. It was just what I needed... to spend time with people I love, eat a lot of yummy food (too much, maybe) and give Riley a chance to be with an aunt and uncle who adore her. I forgot my camera, but you can see pics on Becky's blog here

2. I now have a washer and dryer in my condo thanks to the fan-tabulous carpentry skills of my Dad and Adam, my step-bro. They came on Thursday and worked their magic, and after the electrician works his on Tuesday, I can do laundry without the hassle of hauling it and Riley into the basement of my condo building. What a huge, huge lifesaver this will be.

3. After weeks of searching for a table to put into my room, I now have a little "creative" nook so I can use my sewing machine, work on crafty projects, etc. So much fun for me!

4. My neighbors Beckie and Madi. Madi watches Riley three days a week for me, and Riley *hearts* her. Beckie is Madi's mom and is so wonderful to us. They are always there for me and for Riley and I really rely on their help with Riley and they also allow me to hang out in their condo and vent, chat, watch TV, whatever. Both Riley and I LOVE this duo.

5. My job is really busy right now, and I am grateful to be back in the swing of things. Although I work kind of weird hours out of necessity right now, I am happy to have a job I enjoy so much.

6. Finally, Riley is getting teeth and although this is painful for her, and thus painful for me, I am so grateful that she is getting older, finding a little independence, and is healthy and happy. I love this little girl with everything I am, and each little bit she grows and develops is a huge blessing to me.

It's a short list this week, but I am certainly not short on things to be grateful for. I look at my life as a whole, good and bad, through the hard times and the good times, and I am very lucky to be where I am. I have much to be grateful for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...