Wow. What a crazy week! Between a trip across the country, a broken dryer, an almost flooded condo and visiting family, I am exhausted. But not too tired to write about the things I am grateful for this week:
1. Trip to Florida: I went to Florida for four days this past week and it was a good trip. This was the first national work conference I have attended since having Riley and it was good to be back in the swing of things. I had a couple of presentations that went well, I had a chance to meet some people who are very involved in the same things I am doing from different parts of the nation, and I attended some scientific sessions and workshops that reminded me again why I do what I do professionally. It was very mentally stimulating and gave me some good ideas to work towards. The weather was rainy most of the time, then very hot on the last day. I had a chance to do some "girl-bonding" with some of my coworkers and spend an evening with a friend from DC. Also, there was a lovely surprise in my room on arrival. Thanks, NR, very sweet. All in all, a good trip.
2. My sister, my mom and my sister in law. THANK YOU for everything you guys do for me and for Riley. We love you!
3. I have great neighbors who really helped me out while I was in Florida, helping arrange for a plumber to save my condo from flooding. Thanks, Beckie, Madi, Laurie. You guys rock!
4. There are several exciting things coming up on the job front. I'll keep you all in the loop as things happen and plans are made. I am so grateful for a job, experience and education that allow me to do work that REALLY MATTERS!
5. My cousin, Megan, had her baby last week. I haven't met her in person yet, but the pics of her are SO DANG CUTE!!! You can take a look at them here. I love Megan and Alec and I can't wait to meet Paige. So happy for them!
6. Finally, I am grateful that today is Friday and I have a whole weekend ahead of me to spend with my daughter. She seems to be growing up so fast and she is so much fun right now. I am excited to have a couple days to spend with her with no other obligations.
I know I always say this, but I have SO much to be grateful for. Life is really crazy right now, and it is hard being a single mom, but writing about a few of the blessings in my life on Fridays really does help me keep things in perspective. Sure, I have my challenges...we all do. But look at all the amazing things I have in my life. It's hard to complain much when I take a minute and just LOOK at the great people I know and positive experiences I am able to take part in. I truly am very, very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment