Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Little Gift

This afternoon, I took Riley for a walk in a beautiful little town not far from where we live. As I walked along, enjoying the gorgeous surroundings, the sunny day and my baby's happy laughter, I realized that I am delighted with where I am right now. Geographically, yes, but also physically, emotionally, spiritually....in many, many ways, I am very lucky and very blessed. I also contemplated some decisions I am trying to make and pondered how the results would impact my life, Riley's life and the lives of other's I love and care for. Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that I have a lot to be grateful for and whatever I choose to do needs to give back in some way.

When we arrived home, I put Bug down for her nap. She was tired out from the sun and from taking in all the new surroundings, and was content to go right to sleep. Before I settled down for a Sunday afternoon nap, which is becoming a much anticipated weekly tradition for me, I took Harley outside. Still thinking about my day so far, and about the utter contentment I had felt while walking with Riley, I noticed something right by my foot: a small card, printed with this message:




Hmmm....coincidence? I don't think so. I think it's a little gift, put into my path, to let me know that i was right on in my thinking and I need to follow those thoughts with action. Which i plan on doing, right after I take a nap.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...