I spent this Fourth Of July gettin' down and groovy to MILEY CYRUS with my neice, Shawnee. A few months ago, I scored (with Joey's help) tickets to the Stadium of Fire, starring MILEY CYRUS! The BlueMan Group performed, as well, but for Neen, the night was all about MILEY!
The day began with a trip to Bear Lake to switch kids. I picked up Shawnee and we headed for Provo. She was SUPER EXCITED...I've never seen her so amped about anything in my life. She even said it was better than Christmas.
holding her ticket up outside of the Stadium. She practically danced from the car to the stadium!
After much deliberation, she picked out her first concert T-shirt. This was my favorite one, too.
View from our seats. Not the best in the house, but not bad.
The whole night was worth it for this smile. She was so enthralled with the whole event!
Sky-divers from the Military brought in the service flags.
Glenn Beck talked about the meaning of the colors of the flag.
Members of the National Guard led the National Anthem.
F-16s from the 419th Fighter Squadron (my old unit!) flew over the stadium, much to Shawnee's delight!
The BlueMan Group performed, which was a lot of fun!
Shawnee "Raisin' the Roof" to the BlueMan Group!
Finally, Miley Cyrus took the stage. Shawnee was so excited that she started to cry. So cute!
The concert was a lot of fun. Neen's favorite song was "Girl's Night Out" because Miley had the girl's stand up and sing with her. I liked "See You Again" best, but probably because it's the only song I know.
The night ended with an AMAZING firework's display that lasted a long, long time.
On the way out of the stadium, Shawnee ended up standing about 2 feet away from the BlueMan Group members as they went back into their dressing room. She was so tired that she didn't even notice until I nudged her and pointed it out. They all looked right at her with their weird, freaky eyes! She was out cold almost immediately once we got on the road, but not until she called her Dad and Grandma Nita.
It was such a fun night, and I'm so glad I got to do this with Shawnee. Plus, she paid me the ultimate compliment.
"I'm so glad you are my aunt. You are totally in the Now Version..."
High praise, indeed.
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun. Shawnee is the cutest thing ever. I miss that girl.
Amy that sounds like so much fun and it looks like Shawneen was having a blast. That is so cool that you took her to that!!!!!
Wow! It looks like you and your niece had a great time! Someday I can be the next best aunt!!
Post a Comment