We've all heard that the cheesy lines about the feeling the "winds of change" , right?
I didn't really understand what that meant until recently.
I've dealt with change my whole life. Some changes I embraced, some I struggled against. Some I accepted with grace. Some I just ignored.
Change is something that I don't think that much about. I've come to a point in my life where I accept that everything can change...people, situations, minds, beliefs. Nothing is constant.
That's not bad. It's not good. It just is what it is.
But lately, I'm really feeling "the winds of change". I feel like I should be actively pursuing some sort of shift in my life. The problem is that I don't know what this shift is or where it should happen or what it should be. There is a lot of potential for me to affect these changes, but should I do it? I can't tell.
I expressed this to a friend of mine and he pointed out that a lot in my life has changed recently...new baby, single mom, new priorities, new responsibilities, new people. His suggestion was just to let things ride and see how they go.
I can see the wisdom in waiting and watching, but I'm struggling with the idea of sitting with the restlessness, of waiting for the answer.
Does everyone feel like this sometimes?
3 comments:
Ames,
Amen to that. I often feel that I HAVE to have change or I will blow up. I crave it. Isn't that wierd?
Anyway Since Nat and I both missed your B-days we want to make it up to ya! I will call ya and fill ya in on our idea, K! Love You and her too!!
That's a really pretty picture! Where did you take it?? I hope your changes will take you somewhere good :) By the way, you are poetic...
so how do you feel now? ;-D
xoxo
Post a Comment