Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Making me smile tonight

Some things that are making me smile tonight....

*When I ask Riley "Is that ok?", she replies "Tay".

*We ordered pizza tonight (again) and she chanted "pizzapizzapizzapizzapizzanummanummanummanumma" while i was paying the delivery man. She's a funny, smart, silly girl. And then she ate two and a half pieces. Good thing it was whole wheat crust with half the regular cheese. Gotta sneak some health into her diet somehow.

*Goofy text from a new-ish friend. It's always nice to know someone is thinking of you while re-sectioning a liver (Wait - on second thought - should he be texting in surgery? Maybe the nurse did it for him...? I hope the nurse did it for him...) Anyway, still nice.

*Mother's day is coming up this weekend, and I have some BIG PLANS to celebrate myself. Wahoo!

* I can't imagine anything as lovely as the daffodils on my dining room table. I'd take a picture for you, but alas, the camera is in my work office.

*Riley threw my hair-dryer overboard the other day (it wasn't plugged in) so I have been sporting wavy hair all week. I am choosing to call it "beachy-sexy" rather than "crazy-nutty" but still, I have wavy hair! Let's hear it for the post-pregnancy hormones that totally change your hair type!

*Javier (my mountain bike) was injured yesterday, but he's ok today. All thanks to a nice bike doctor at Cyclesmith in SLC. And at NO cost since he sold me Javier a year ago and remembered me. If you are in SLC and need work done on your bike, I highly recommend these guys! They are super-nice, very service oriented, and will answer all your dumb questions like "Q-what's this thing called? A-That's the disk brake. Q-What do you do with that? A-Stop."

*Riley and I are going to see my twinner nephews in a WEEK! And my Best Frister! And my favorite Brother in Law! And my favorite Joe in Law! California, here we come and this time - WE'RE BRINGING KATE!

Just putting a few of those things out there! Good things going on all around.

3 comments:

Katie said...

And Kate is very happy she gets to tag along!!

lindsey said...

beachy-sexy hair! love it. mine stayed crazy-nutty all weekend being back under the mississippi humidity.

hugs

Amy said...

Nice list of great things! Can't wait to see more pictures of those boys.

How's the training going?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...