
I have had numerous requests to write one unique thing about me for each year I've been alive. So here goes:
1. I can honestly say that I am the happiest I have ever been.
2. The am actively working on two books, but have notes and chapters on about 14 others.
3. I fully intend to support myself and my daughter by writing full time within the next 10 years.
4. I cancelled my cable about 7 months ago and I do not miss it. At all.
5. I am a great public speaker, love to do it, and big crowds don't worry me in the slightest if that's why I am in one. Socially, however, I prefer smallish gatherings, where I can talk to people and get to know them.
6. I need PLENTY of alone time. More than the average person, I'd say.
7. My daughter and I share the same birthday. I was not willing to put off my c-section by 45 minutes so she could have her own. I am that big of a wimp.
8. I served in the Air Force for six years and I am very proud of it.
9. I think I have kick-ass legs (hence the above pic. thanks, jenica).
10. I have a great sense of humor, and can be really funny with most people, but I only get super-silly with those I love and trust.
11. I think I look better than I ever have, and I think this is a direct result of #1 on this list.
12. I am not easily scared or easily intimidated, but characters that come out of a play or performance and down into the audience - well, that scares the hell out of me.
13. I have a GINORMOUS family, which is awesome, and I especially enjoy how my siblings and I relate to each other now that we are all adults.
14. Even though my sister lives several states away, I consider my day incomplete if I haven't talked or texted her at least 10 times. I am not kidding at all here.
15. I didn't realize I was a pretty good cook until fairly recently.
16. I just learned to swim this year, but I have always loved the water, especially the ocean.
17. I love to rock the dresses, skirts and heels at work, but when i'm home, it's jeans and flip flops.
18. I am amused by little, obscure things. I know someone really "gets me" if they know what I'm laughing at without asking me.
19. I've spent a lot of time in New Orleans, and am fascinated with the history and culture of the city, but I don't especially like it. My favorite cities are San Diego, San Francisco, DC, and, weirdly enough, Austin.
20. I love to wear dangly earrings. I do almost every day.
21. Someone wrote a song about me a few months ago. It's sweet and silly and cute and I love it! It plays on my itunes and I put it on my mixes just so it cycles in every once in a while.
22. The biggest compliment I have ever received was from my friend's seven year old son. He wrote: "Amy is very nice. She is smart but not boring, pretty for a girl, knows more about sports than my mom, knows more about math than my dad, and is strange, but in a good way."
23. I completely believe in Karma. Absolutely , completely, without a doubt believe in it and have seen evidence in it again and again and again.
24. I don't like to watch Nicholas Cage or Jack Nicholson. I can acknowledge their talent, but I can't stand to watch them. I have no idea why.
25. I am fascinated with other people's beliefs and how they came to "own" them. So if I ask you to explain your religion or spiritual views or political opinions...there is no judgment. I'm just curious and want to know and understand where you are coming from.
26. I completed my first triathlons this year and my goal is to do a half-iron man in 2010.
27. I also plan on riding LOTOJA next year (2010).
28. I have only been to FOUR movies in the theaters since Sept. of 2007. I can find several things I would rather do than go to movies, although I used to love them.
29. I usually am reading 6-10 books at a time.
30. If I had to pick activity to spend my day doing, it would be cycling. absolutely. No question.
31. I have season tickets to the Utah Utes Football games. It's the highlight of fall for me.
32. I hate to shop for clothes, enough so that shopping interventions occasionally are staged on my behalf. I do, however, love shopping for lingerie. And perfume.
33. I can "read" people really well, and have learned to trust my gut. And I'm almost never wrong when I listen to myself.
8 comments:
You are one fascinating lady! Happy Birthday (late, I guess!)
youre more versatile than me!!!! those heels did me in..... :)
@trey- I told you to quit wearing heels to the gym. :)
you are rocking those fishnets and heels! loving this list!
xo
I knew a lot of these. I'm special, I guess.
@beck- special, or my sister. same same.
You're right. Those are some Kick Ass Legs! Where can I get some of those fish nets?
you need to break these fishnets out again. ;-D
Post a Comment