It's been a while since I had a chance to post my "gratitude Friday" list, so I thought I'd get one up today. I know it's Saturday, but oh well... best I can do this week.
1. This week, i had the chance to take part in a workshop that was simply incredible. It was a leadership workshop that I am attending for work, but I found the lessons and skills learned to be amazingly applicable to every part of my life. The focus was on thinking outside the box and advancing towards your particular vision, whatever that might be. There were some great guest lecturers and the presentations were thought provoking and I met some extraordinary people. I feel really lucky to be able to have participated, and I am looking forward to the next week of workshops that I will be attending in October.
2. I am very thankful for the time I had last week to spend in California. I desperately needed a vacation, and a week on the beach was exactly the right idea. The relaxation and downtime were a great way to unwind and get a little perspective on some things I'm dealing with right now.
3. I know I mention this a lot, but I am especially grateful for the amazing friends and family I have. I have so many supportive people out there, who are willing to help me in whatever way they can. There are so many ways my support system reaches out to me, but the many "happy mother's day" text messages and phone mail messages I received last Sunday were such a special gift. Knowing that you have a whole crew of people who are cheering you on in your quest to be a good mom and a good person....well, that kind of support can't be beat.
4. My new bike will be here in a week or so. I am so excited to be able to start cycling on a regular basis. I think I'll enjoy the change of pace, excercise-wise, and my legs will certainly benefit from the workout.
5. Finally, since Riley has been getting her fourth tooth in, she has been super-grouchy today. I am so grateful she is finally asleep. I think I'll follow her lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment