Sunday, April 19, 2009

better late than never...

It's been a while since I posted a "gratitude Friday" post, and although it's Sunday, i didn't want to miss this week. I have a lot going on, and a lot to be thankful for. It's time to put it out there.

*I'm SO grateful for my health. I feel healthier and happier and stronger now than I ever have in my life. I am able to live in a way that allows me to prioritize taking good care of myself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. My health allows me to live my life fully and take good care of my daughter and be a good friend, sister and daughter. I am biking a lot and running and even learning to be a better swimmer. I've set some pretty major goals for myself physically, and i'm seeing them come to fruition. It's a great part of my life and I am glad I can be that kind of a role model for my kiddo.

*I truly have the best girlfriends in the world. My "tribe" has grown exponentially over the past year and a half and I couldn't be more grateful for the wonderful women who are part of my life. Old, dear friends who have known me forever (even during the period of giant hair), new friends who have added so much joy to my existence, just by being them, my sister, my sisters-in-law, my aunts, my mom....so many wonderful women surround me, support me, and inspire me. I am truly blessed.

*And, to be fair, I have a BUNCH of amazing men in my life, too. My brothers and brother in law are simply the most amazing men out there. They are great husbands and fathers who work hard to provide for their family. They are honest, good hearted men who have helped me and my daughter so much and have stood by us in really rough times. Of course, they learned from the best- My dad, my step-dad, my grandfathers. I also have a cadre of fabulous male friends (i'm not talking "boyfriends" here) who are so much fun, who help me grow, who know how to listen and communicate, who remind me that there are good men out there. N0 wonder i am single right now...the guys i'm dating have HIGH standards to live up to!

*I am so grateful for my job. I have been struggling a bit lately at work, but the challenges make me realize how much I love my job and how much I am willing to give to be happy with what I do. I work with amazing people who are passionate about their work. I have so many opportunities for personal and professional growth. So many people toil day in and day out at a job they detest. I am very, very lucky to have a job I enjoy.

As always, the list could go on and on. I have much to be grateful for, much to enjoy and much to hold close. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Steph said...

What a beautiful list Amy. I'm sure all those lucky men, women and colleagues are grateful to have you in their lives too!

I look forward to September! :)
xox

Amy said...

You ARE lucky! It's nice to recognize luck and love when we have it, right? Have you done triathlons? Sounds like you are training for one. My husband does them and I give anyone who can do it major credit. I wish I had the dedication. But I have upped my sit up number to 100 a day! Woo hoo! Six pack abs, here I come. Ha ha

lindsey said...

a beautiful, heartfelt post. i agree with the other two.

hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...