Squam Lake - Sept. 2008
Clothes
*None of my clothes fit me. Everything is too big… jeans, shirts, dresses, even my workout clothes are too big. Overall, this is a good thing but in the short term, it’s expensive and inconvenient.
Friends
*I’m sensing a shift in many of my friendships lately. I’m gravitating to some, and yet I feel like there is a burgeoning divide developing in others. Is it me? Is it them? Does that even matter?
Riley’s broken wrist
*Is it wrong to think her first cast is simply adorable? It’s pink! And so tiny! Plus, my girl is fearless and headstrong, so there will be many more of these in the future. We might as well enjoy the novelty of the first one, right?
Work
*I’ve started to bribe myself with rewards for getting through a successful, productive week. This feels a little juvenile, but hey- it works. Plus, I can use the rewards to replace bits and pieces of my wardrobe that no longer fits.
Dating
*I am thinking about extending the ‘dating hiatus’ out a bit longer. It’s been so liberating to spend the summer concentrating on enjoying my amazing friends and family, working towards my personal goals, and putting solid effort into my writing. Dating is so much work and so maddening. Is it worth it to me right now? I'm leaning towards "no".
Swimming
*Why on earth did I not learn to swim until now? It’s a great workout and a fabulous way to recharge. For an hour, it’s only me and the solid black line on the pool tiles. Those things that matter bubble up to the top when I step out. The water dissolves the rest.
Riley’s (and my) Birthday
*Party? Dinner with friends? Mini get-a-way for the two of us? I don’t know how you are supposed to celebrate 2 and 33 at the same time.
Nieces and Nephews
*I wish I lived closer to all my nieces and nephews. I never imagined that these children, who are not even my own, could have such a stronghold on my heart.
Squam Art Workshops
*A serene lake. Amazing friends. Laughter. Tears. Overwhelming inspiration. The wildness of nature. New Hampshire in the fall. The thrill of creating. The joy of finding the words. It’s calling to me. Only 7 weeks. I cannot wait.
Christmas
*Is it too early to start planning for this? At what point does organized become obsessive?
Teaching Primary
*I can’t believe I get to hang out with 8 year olds during church. How awesome is that? I am really excited, mostly because I feel completely out of my element with the adults, but 8 year olds? 8 year olds I can handle.
5 comments:
What a great peek into that head of yours. I'd probably post more often if I did these kind of posts. I have the tendency to think I need to write something really meaningful, when I really just need to write. Period. What comes from it is what comes from it, but you probably already know that :) I saw something today that I want to share so it is going to be in a blog post. Hope to write more than just that while I am at it. Anyhow, next time you check my blog there will actually be something for you to read LOL.
you ALWAYS put into words so eloquently, flawlessly, poetically what we mortals and my dysfunctional mind have been thinking/living, etc.
p.s. - i'm sorry about riley's broken wrist.
xo
love you and your rambling mind.
xoxo
Ok.....I'm between the twirling posts and think you should save all of those "big" clothes for me. Just you wait....someday soon I will be saying the same thing.....my clothes are too big.
You think like me.....about everything at once. Our week should be very interesting.
Hope Rileys wrist is healing well.
visiting from gummiespazz...
i HAD to comment on your Squam Lake photo. camped there with my dad's boyscout troop back when they were filming "On Golden Pond."
the loooooons, norman. the looooons!!
Post a Comment