One of my intentions for this year was to improve my photography skills, both technically and creatively. As such, I'm always on the lookout for reasons to take photos and for prompts that help me think of unique ways to express myself photographically.
So, you can imagine my delight when I heard about my girl Bella's new collaborative photo project 52 photos. Basically, she posts a prompt every Sunday and on Wednesday, I (and everyone else playing along) will post our photographic interpretation of that word. I'm so excited to participate!
The word for this week is 'Nourish', which could not be more perfect for me. I just returned from vacation in Hawaii and there is nothing that is more nourishing to me than to spend time by the sea. The water soothes and calms me like nothing else can. I am drawn to the power of the waves and the rhythm of the tides. I am intrigued by the mysterious beauty that shows itself, bit by bit, as treasure wash up on shore. I am awed by it's vastness and comforted by it's continuity. The ocean nourishes me.
4 comments:
Amy! Beautiful photo and I feel so much the same about the sea. I need to be near it often.
Thanks so much for playing!! xo
What a gorgeous photo. I agree with you totally, and my favorite place to indulge is San Francisco. The waves hitting the rocks by the Cliff House are phenomenal. Nothing compared to Hawaii, though.
oh my goodness, I want to play! How can I find out about this word/photo project? I think its a fabulous idea!
ohhhh LOVE!
What is such an OCEAN girl doing in flipping UTAH?!!<--- I ask you!
xoxoxo, E
Post a Comment