Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Four Good (but sort of random)Things
**Last fall, my Hannah kept telling me to take strength training more seriously, to work it into the swim-bike-run routine I had going. Swore it would improve my tri workouts. Swore I'd grow to love it. Yeah, yeah....I listened to her. Sorta. But not really. And then I ripped my hip-flexor in November and couldn't do much but strength training. And then I sorta started to like it. And then I really started to like it. And so I kept doing it. And then my hip-flexor healed and I kept up the strength training, while adding the running and swimming back into the mix. And then I started riding again this season, and lo and behold - I'm STRONGER! And FASTER! Like, a LOT faster! I can push bigger gears for a longer time! This is HUGE, people! (ok, maybe only for me, but still...I'm excited.)
Moral of the story: Listen to Hannah (except about making your own yogurt because let's just be honest, we all know yogurt is gross.)
**We're making serious progress on the "go-to-bed" routine around here. It usually takes about 30 minutes, which is significantly shorter than the 2 hours it was eating up a few weeks ago.
**Brown Rice + Almond Milk + Fresh Fruit + teeny bit of Agave = Best. Breakfast. Ever. So yummy and keeps me full of consistent, steady energy all morning. I am NOT a breakfast eater, and I actually wake up excited to eat this stuff. Try it. And then send me a present for telling you about it. It's that good.
**Two weeks from now, I'll be in California, getting ready to depart for Hawaii. I'm flying to CA first because Riley is staying with my sister and her family while I am gone (She's beyond excited to see her aunt and uncle and the twinners). So, besides going on the trip I have been dying to take, I get to see the sister I have been dying to see. So excited. For all of it.
*********************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We're excited over here for that trip. And I cannot wait to feast my eyes upon your thighs. :)
i would have to get the arse off the couch and out the door in order to discover strength training.
you are my idol.
i always listen to hannah, always.
so excited for you to go to hawaii and soak it all in. plus i can't wait to see the photos you come home with :)
i want to try that breakfast.
when am i going to see you? soon i hope. xoxo
That all sounds good, except for the yogurt part, I like yogurt. Oh, and the chocolate kisses part, I like those too.
I am trying to get more on the ball with what I eat and putting more of a mix into my workouts. I need to try that breakfast. Sounds good. I will send you something if I like it. :)
Have a Happy time in Hawaii. What island(s) are you going to?
I too look forward to the photos. Aloha!
Sorry, having trouble with leaving a comment.
Cleanflix is actually me, Shelley. My husband must have been on last. :}
Woohoo! I am so glad you can feel and see the difference! This makes me crazy excited for you! And yogurt isn't for everyone...I can respect that ;)
I can't wait to see what pics you share from Hawaii :)
Gunna have to try your bfast suggestion. Sounds awesome!
Post a Comment