Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 12of12

Click the photo to enlarge

1. The cherry trees in front of my condo are blossoming. One of my favorite signs of spring!
2. I'm not trying to be vulgar, I'm showing you my broken finger. But no surgery required! Yay! I do have to go to 'Hand Therapy' though, although I'm not even sure what it is.
3. Current read - very good but a bit tough to take. The words, though....the words are beautiful.
4. How I look during a conference call. I do this often.
5. My friend and co-worker Tricia making her first cameo on my blog. She is hilarious and helps me with all my dumb questions. Couldn't ask for a cooler person to work with.
6. I filled up my gas tank today. Yeeeeeesh. Good thing we don't do much driving- a tank lasts a week or more.
7. The lovely Candace. My office is between hers and Tricia's. It's lovely. Location, location, location!
8. Afternoon herbal tea break.
9. I had a photo tutoring date with the beautiful and insanely talented Alisha. I learned more about light and exposure and using my camera in this one hour of instruction from her than I have ever by myself or reading books on the subject. She's a phenomenal teacher and her work is, well...nothing short of amazing. Check her out here.
10. I let Riley pick what we had for dinner and she picked Hires for fries, root beer and bacon, her favorite meal for a girl date. Weird kid.
11. Finished off the evening with a quick trip to Target. She loves the circle.
12. Cool door handles from my photo walk.

5 comments:

Alisha Stamper said...

ooooh amy. LOVE the photograph of riley in the circle. LOVE LOVE.

p.s. nice words. You're so lovely.

lindsey said...

here's to rootbeer and bacon! i absolutely love this. sending you multiple hugs!

xo

Sam said...

Rootbeer and bacon sounds like a GREAT combo. There's a small chain fast food restaurant here in MS that has the BEST root beer. It's very special and if you go inside to eat, you get it in a frosty glass mug.

Love that you had a photo tutorial with a friend! It's so much fun to take pictures with someone else and to see how differently your shots turn out.

Our Targets don't have big circles like that - we do have big red balls, though. Thomas likes to climb on them, as do all children!

TX Girl said...

you made me insanely jealous with your Hires visit. I eat there at least a couple of times when I come to SLC for a visit. Delicious!

I keep thinking I should just shadow someone to help with my photography skills. I've taken a couple of online courses, but I'm a much better student in a non-traditional setting.

Shelley said...

How did you brake your finger? Hope it will heel quickly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...