Friday, July 29, 2011

By Popular Demand


I've had a ton of requests for my laundry soap recipe.
It's really very simple, but I'm happy to share it.

1 Cup Borax
1 Cup Washing Soda
1 Bar Ivory Soap, grated. (I just use my kitchen grater and then wash it well and run it through the dishwasher.)

Mix it all together.
Store in an airtight container.
Shake or stir before use.
Use ~2 TSP per load (i use slightly less, but I have a baby sized washer. just play around a bit.)

-I have a High Efficiency machine and this stuff works great because it doesn't suds up at all.
-Also, I scrub a bit of this into really nasty stains, or dissolve some in the sink to pre-soak. I haven't met a stain yet that stood up to it.

A few alternatives:
-my awesome sister-in-law makes laundry soap that has the same ingredients, but it a liquid concentrate. I hear hers works great, but I didn't have the room to store a five gallon bucket.

- the lovely Elizabeth shared a link for some soap that she has used and love. It looks divine, and I will definitely be testing this recipe out when it's time for me to make more. Here is the link: http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2010/05/on-the-laundry-line.html

So here you go....Make your own, save the earth, and save some cash in the process.

2 comments:

melissa said...

thank you. i'll have to give it a try!

Stormy said...

This laundry soap is AMAZING!!! I've already done 5 loads with it today. The clothes are so clean and fresh! Thanks, man!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...