My grandfather has been a strong influence in my life, helping to shape many of the values I have come to possess as an adult . Through his example, I learned the value of hard work and the importance of family and faith. He taught me to speak out for what I believe, to always do my best, and that what was worth doing, was worth doing well. He is a patriot through and through, a career Air Force man who served all over the world, for several years in Vietnam. I'm very proud to have had the honor of serving in the same branch as he did(although my years of service were downright luxurious compared to his.) He is dedicated to his family and to serving the Lord, both of which he has done and continues to do in many varied ways. He is humble and he is honest, a self-made success. For all of these reasons, and for so many more, he is truly one of the greatest men I have ever known. I consider myself very lucky to have him for a grandfather.
We celebrated his 80th birthday this past weekend. It was so fun to enjoy time with members of my family that I don't often see and to celebrate the life of the man that we all love and cherish.
Happy 80th Birthday, Indy G. I sure do love you and am so grateful to have you in my life.For more photos of his party, click here.
2 comments:
this made me tear up. lucky indeed. what a testament to a great man and that family portrait is FABULOUS. xo
brava BRAVA!
What a beautiful family--- love that photo-- what a good life your grandfather has made. xoox, E
Post a Comment