I'm letting Riley sleep in a bit today, because the last few days have seen her up until somewhere between 11:30 pm and 1 am. She just can't seem to get the hang of falling asleep. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I've tried keeping her on a schedule (doesn't seem to make a difference), trying to take away naps (not really under my control when she is at daycare), giving her melatonin (worked for about a week, then nope), tried to really wear her out so she's exhausted come bedtime (just results in a grouchy, still-not-asleep Riley). I feel so bad for her because her little body needs to rest. I'm now open to suggestions. Anyone? Anyone?
Part of this feels like my fault because she tells me that she wants to go to sleep but her brain keeps telling her to think about things. I so know how this feels. Poor little one, she inherited my overactive mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment