Do you ever get really great ideas, get super-excited about them, make detailed and deliberate plans to get all the various balls rolling, get started, and then....wham....something hits you to knock you off track?
That seems to be the name of the game these days.
I love new beginnings and I launched into 2014 with big ideas, exciting plans and all sorts of creative goodness brewing. I had a list (ok, several lists.) I had a schedule. I wrote goals and objectives, people. Goals. and. Objectives!
Note to self: writing goals and objectives might just be the quickest way to throw a wrench into the works.
Since then, a whole lotta stuff has shown up to collide and complicate. Nothing terrible, tragic or insurmountable, just "being a grown-up/responsible citizen/good mother" stuff, but it has been almost constant and annoyingly persistent. Even minor but persistent annoyances add up over time.
So right now, today, I am calling a halt on the "but I wanted to do this" and "I had hoped for that" and am instead focusing on the realities of where I am at, right now. Today. I'm working on getting my focus back where it should be and I am reassessing priorities and setting strong and clear boundaries. I'm taking a hard look at what stays, what goes and what needs to change and then I'm putting the steps I need to take in those directions into action, one little step at a time.
Because even little steps add up over time.
No comments:
Post a Comment