Friday, March 7, 2008

Gratitude Friday

This week, I have a lot to be grateful for! Tons, in fact.

1. My AHRQ site visit is OVER!! A site visit from your funding agency is a big deal, and although our grants are going very well, it's still a scary, panic-inducing time. But it couldn't have gone better and our project officer was really cool.

2. So grateful for Riley Kisses. Ri gives me these huge, sloppy kisses whenever I am holding her and cuddling with her. She got her 2nd tooth on Tuesday and it looks like she is getting a third on top, so the kisses are extra drool-ey, but so cute! She is growing up so fast.

3. Riley and I got to spend some time with my friends Angel and Kristin this week. These are friends I met through X and I'm very happy that I am able to continue to have them in my life. One thing that sucks about going through a divorce is that you lose some of the people that you love who were connected to you through your ex. I am often saddened by the loss of contact with some of X's family, but I'm really grateful that this didn't happen with these two awesome girls. I love them and spending some time with them was a highlight this week.

4. Nice evening with cute doctor type. Adorable and so sweet. Calm down, nothing serious is going to happen with him, since he is likely moving to Chicago, but still...it's nice to be treated so well. And to have someone truly appreciate my domestic diva-ness. And to get flowers at work the next day. Thanks, NR.

5. So thankful for my brother in law. He's wonderful to my frister, adorable with my baby, and a great friend to me. I could chat with him for hours (and I do) and I love that he isn't at all shy around me. I couldn't ask for a better brother in law for me, uncle for Ri, and hubs for my frister. Love you, Joey.

6. Finally, after months of searching, I FINALLY found the perfect quilt for my bed. It's very Amy. Red and orange. Love it.

7. I registered today for a writing/photography workshop in New Hampshire in September. It's my birthday present to myself. I've always wanted to attend some of these workshops but have never let myself, and I'm not sure why. Fear? Shyness? Lack of passion for what I'm working on? Oh, well, doesn't matter now...They have my money and I'm going to New Hampshire to write and take pictures for a week. YEAH!

8. I received some very good news about a current project of mine, and while I can't share the details yet, it looks like you will be able to read even more of my work in the next little while (hint, hint, wink, wink). It's been described as "funny, sharp-witted, humor with a very emotional side". I hope to share more info in the near future.

9. It's time to change our clocks, which means an extra hour of sunlight in the evenings! I love spring!

10. Finally, I'm going to spend the weekend with my family in Bear Lake. It's so nice to be with my family. They are so great with Riley, and we have the best time. Plus, seeing my sister in law means mani-pedi, which I really need.

Well, that's it. It's been a good week. And of course, I'll leave with a picture of the biggest blessing in my life. Love her more than I can even begin to express. And what a goofball.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...