I was talking with a friend of mine today, and he mentioned that he had noticed that I have a tendency to get a bit obsessed with things I am really into on any given day. He's completely right (good observation, NR) so I thought I'd share with you all what I happen to be obsessed with lately.
1. Tzatziki- or the greek yogurt-cucumber sauce that is often served on gyros, etc. I LOVE this stuff and have perfected my own recipe, which I have to say is much better than any you can buy, even trader joe's. I have been eating TONS of it and I eat it on just about everything...pita, salmon, veggies, whatever. Everything is better with this stuff. Plus it's non-fat yogurt with cucumber in it. I mean, if you have to get obsessed with a food product, how can you beat yogurt with vegetables mixed in?
2. The book "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. I have tried to read this book before, and found it a little cheesy, but for some reason, it's working for me now. Some of the passages are a little dramatic for my taste ("But it is gossip that is to blame" and "Even if someone shoots you in the head, do not take it personally") but there is a lot of wisdom in there that I seem to need to hear right now. Funny how that works.
3. The color combo of Red and Turquoise. Red is my all time favorite color, and I have recently been obsessed with turquoise. Who knows why. I have been totally into these two colors together lately. I ordered a bunch of fabric today and these two colors are pretty prominent in it. For some reason, they make me happy together.
4. "What I Like About You" is a sitcom starring Jenny Garth (Kelli from 90210) and Amanda Bynes (don't know what else she is in) and the reruns play on Family channel every day. I tivo these every day and save them up for the weekend. It's kind of a stupid, and not the most clever show on TV, but I love the silly release that I get from it.
5. My frister will appreciate this one, but lately I have been totally into doing laundry. Now, this is probably due to the fact that for the first time in six years, I can do laundry in the comfort of my own home. It's SO nice. And I am especially obsessed with using Tide with Downy (April Fresh Scent) and Downy fabric softener and Downy sheets (again, all April Fresh Scent). The April Fresh Scent reminds me of my aunt Shannon, although I'm not sure why. I think she used to use this kind of fabric softener.
6. KUER 90.0- Our local NPR station. I have always really enjoyed NPR, but lately, i have really gotten into listening to it for updates on the primaries, Iraq war, etc. I find it to be the most unbiased of the various news options. What's really funny is that Riley seems to like it too. She'll play on the floor in my room while I am getting ready for the day, and we put on NPR, and she'll laugh and giggle at the radio. Hey, what can I say...my child is already showing signs of being a brilliant, open-minded, well-informed woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment