Friday, December 5, 2008

Gratitude Friday

A quick list of some things I am grateful for today:

1. A community of old friends that are always there, no matter when, no matter what. Your ever-constant presence in my life steadies me and makes me feel safe.

2. A growing community of new friends that are adding spice and sparkle to my life. One of the best parts of change is the new people it brings into your life.

3. Finally letting go of some long held expectations that were holding me back from making some much-needed changes.

4. A special person who asked the right questions and said the right things. Her careful concern and quiet compassion brought light to a rather overcast day. Thanks, JGB.

5. Upcoming life that already is making me incredibly happy and hopeful...I am so looking forward to the arrival of Bamboo and my little Twiggers. I can't wait to meet my little half-brown nephews.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Expectations, schmectations. Can't live without them, but living with them can sometimes paint you into a corner, no? You gotta have expectations in order to guide yourself to where you want to go, but sometime those expectations become worn out, dated, and just downright limiting. The key is to recognize when your expectations are no longer self-serving and be flexible enough to change your expectations, even if they are expectations you've held onto all of your life.

Boy do I hear you on this topic.

beck said...

I'm pretty sure that little Bamboo and Twiggy are excited to meet their Aunt Ame. I love your Gratitude Friday. I seriously need to do something like that. Love ya, fris.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...