Monday, January 25, 2010

Hip deep in the crazy!

I feel a little bit nuts today.

I didn't sleep well last night, my mind tumbling and whirling across all sorts of thoughts and ideas, jumping and spinning and finding no place to rest.

Unfortunately, two hours of sleep led to ignoring the alarm clock, which led to a harried, rushed morning, which led to an off-center mama, which led to an off-center baby, which led to some 'pink shoe' drama, which led to an order of 'get in the car, no gum today', which led to tears and whining and more drama, which led to no good-bye kiss for mama, which led to feelings of guilt and 'i-suck-at-this-mom-thing', which led to more tears (mine this time), which led to a 'grouchy-hide-in-my-office-try-not-to-talk-to-anyone-Andrea*-is-in-full-effect' kind of day.

So, in an effort to resurrect some sort of productivity, I wrote down everything that came to my mind over five minutes, to clear it out and make room for some normalcy.

*I think I said "Um" at least 40 times in my talk yesterday.
*I need to do some shopping for dresses that are not so short and more church appropriate.
*I want some brown boots, cowboy boots.
*The new book by Elizabeth Gilbert is really good, despite what I heard about it.
*Why does the Jeep dealership keep calling me to try to buy-back my Jeep?
*I need to get my oil changed.
*Willy Wonka is kind of creepy. Ok, really creepy.
*I am supposed to drink more water.
*I can't believe this week is finally happening. Eeep!
*Squam by the sea...I must remember to send my payment first thing on Feb. 1!
*What kid is allergic to broccoli? My kid is so weird.
*Is the Pythagrian theorum A2 + B2 = C2? It's about right triangles. Right?
*Why am I drinking chamomile tea? I don't even like chamomile tea. Oh yeah...it's supposed to be good for me. or stress. something like that.
*Should I paint my bathroom aqua? or maybe pink? I want to paint my bedrooms too. Navy. Or Grey. Ooooh, and my living room. Maybe my hallway.
*Maybe I should just move.
*Birthday presents for my favorite twinners! Gotta get on that!
* I don't just want a new camera, I NEED a new camera. Really, I do.
*Taxes, taxes, taxes. I have a love/hate relationship with taxes.
*Am I running or swimming today? Can't remember.
*My mom is almost done with radiation. I hope she is feeling better today.
*I need a nap.
*I think I'll go snowboarding this weekend. Yes, definitely I need to ride this weekend.
*My report is further along than I thought it would be. Yay!
*The SAINTS are in the superbowl (YAY!) but they are playing my COLTS (YAY!) How do you pick a team when your two faves are playing each other?
*Have I ever actually ridden a riding lawn-mower? hmmmm.....
*Where should Riley and I go on vacation this year? The Beach? The mountains? The redwood forest?

And that's it. Five minutes of my random thoughts. As you can see, not many are directly related to anything I should be doing right now. But that's how it is today. It's just one of those days.

I'm hip deep in the crazy.

I need some sleep tonight.



*For those of you who don't know, Andrea is my bitch alter-ego. This was not meant as a slam on anyone named Andrea. It came about through a very scientic process.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get crazy on days when I have had no or little to no sleep. Then my posts are comments just get weird. I wish people would take them with a grain of salt...but sometimes they don't. Cause they are lame. Anyways...I think you're doing good.
I hope you get some sleep tonight. It's no fun I know...but look at it this way...tomorrow is a new day! :)

Anonymous said...

Word vomit at it's best. ^_^
xox

The Wuthrich Family said...

Yeah this week is finally here just remember to relax (easier said then done!) You are a great mommy and do a wonderful job raising your daughter! You should take her on two vacations One at the beach with Beck Beck and the second in the mountains with Uncle Keef and Aunt Jamie! I think aqua for your bathroom and grey for your room! You should swim today since your stressed and you enjoy swimming more than running. Come down and I'll take ri while you ride your bike all weekend to clear your head.(Oh and give you a nap!) Anything else just let me know! Love ya! Ps... did I mention you are a great mommy?

Mama Nita said...

I think you a a great Mom, and I know what it is like to be alone and raising kids. You second guess everything. But don't.....it doesn't prove anything. Keep smiling, laughing and drinking water. I love you, Mom

lindsey said...

am thinking you need to do CRAZY every day! in love with your stream of consciousness.
p.s. - am dying for a pair of cowboy boots and so jealous you are doing squam by the sea!

xo

Nat said...

I need to go dress shopping, too.

I didn't know your mom had cancer!!!

Just the fact that you are questioning it proves you are a fab mother.

Mama Nita said...

Ame, I want cowboy boots too, I have a gray pair, but I want a RED pair, imagine. If you find a killer deal, or even not so killed, let me know, cuz I'll go shopping with you, I've earned it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...