Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Writing my own love story

The cookie he made for me.

Playing with the bugness.

Not so long ago, I was shocked (to say the least) when a man who is truly more perfect for me than I have any right to expect or deserve asked me to marry him.

I thought he was kidding. He wasn't.
I thought he was just swept away by his own spontaneity. Turns out, he had been planning it for a while.
I thought he'd come to his senses before I had a chance to accept. He didn't.

And now I have the honor and excitement of sharing a life with someone who is, simply put, one of the most amazing men I have ever known. He's honest. He's kind. He's giving. He's genuine. He's open-minded and accepting. He knows who he is. He's a wonderful father to four adorable boys. He loves Riley and is really good with her (even when I want to leave her in Home Depot for the night). He's in possession of a strong work ethic and is responsible and grounded. He's exactly what I want for myself and then some, because he's hilarious and easy to be around and, may I just say, beyond gorgeous (seriously...I still get a little jittery when I first see him after a few days).

To say I am happy is an understatement.
To say I am overwhelmed is downplaying it.
To say I have no idea what the hell I'm doing but I'm jumping in with both feet, letting it wash over me and seeing what comes up....that's just about right.

There are still a lot of details to work out, a lot of things to work through, and a lot of bridges to cross. But having someone to take your hand and work with you through all those details and walk with you across those bridges...it's pretty much the best feeling there is.

9 comments:

Erin said...

and you so deserve it! excellent creating, my friend.

Anonymous said...

The feelings are mutual. You are way more than I deserve and I'm so glad you didn't jump ship already.
xox

Camz :-) said...

I am excited for you both and for how awesome you will be together! Erin is right, you do deserve it!!

jenica said...

perfection.

Midwestgirl said...

That is simply wonderful!

MaryMary said...

You are a "perfect fit" for him and for our family. I LOVE that you make him so happy. You both deserve this JOY. It is a "rare" relationship when both people completly expose their souls to each other and still love and accept each other for who they really are. Honesty is beautiful!

lindsey said...

so so happy for you. agreeing with the others - you do deserve to write your own love story.

xo

Steph said...

I'm so happy for you. The joy is palpable through your words.

Sending you both congratulatory hugs!

Steph
xo

Nat said...

Thrilled for you, Ame. Here's to your happily ever after...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...