Saturday, April 3, 2010

April Goals (or, Trying to Stay on Track)


I have less than 7 weeks until my first triathlon of the season, so to give myself a different sort of motivation AND to bring my training to the next level, i'm planning to completing the distance of FOUR olympic tris by the end of April.

So that means I'll be:
  • Swimming 1500 meters (or about 1650 yards)
  • Biking 40 kilometers (or about 25 miles) AND
  • Running 10 kilometers (or 6.2 miles)

Once a week for the entire month. On top of this, I plan on keeping up my regular strength and cross-training workouts.

I'll be posting my progress once a week through the month so you all can harass me if I'm not keeping up my end of the bargain. And since I'm a believer in rewarding oneself for goals met, I guess I'll have to think of a suitable reward. Hmmmm.....new mountain bike, maybe?

1 comment:

Amy said...

new mountain bike indeed! the perfect reward for all that hard work. and you know your NJ cheerleader will be on your ass, so get to it! WHOOOO HOOOO! (i just shouted that out loud, and my windows are open, so my neighbors now think i'm drunk again...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...