**While most of the people I know professionally are intelligent, kind, and generous people, there are a few who are simply mean, back-stabbing, untrustworthy and small minded. The only way to counter this is with honesty, carefully considered responses, and transparency. It's not worth the energy to worry about past that, and they usually back themselves into a corner and look foolish anyway.
**I feel much better, think more clearly, and am more myself when I get enough sleep. I need to make this a priority. It's an integral part of self-care and one I often ignore.
**The promise of a shipment from Zappos makes a rough week exponentially more bearable.
**You know how it feels when your friend just gets where you are coming from, when they understand everything that you left unsaid and when they can honestly say "I've been there and you are doing the right thing"? That feeling is truly a gift beyond measure. Thanks, LN.
**I need to let myself off the hook once in a while. Being goal oriented is one thing. Being hard on myself because I didn't meet a random self-imposed deadline is taking it a little too far.
**I will not apologize for being who I am, thinking how I think, and remaining true to myself. If someone doesn't like it, they can SUCK IT.
**I've been through enough to recognize when I need to listen to my intuition and carefully examine my actions, thoughts and priorities. I trust myself completely and I need to remember that there is a good reason that I do.
6 comments:
Amen Sista!!!
Way to stand up for yourself. It becomes dangerously easy to become a doormat because it is simpler than sticking to your convictions. I need to remind myself everyday that if someone doesn't like me, it is none of my damn business and in the words of a very wise woman, they can "suck it!"
oh boy...I hope you're not talking about me.
Loves to you, frist. Come see me already, geez... :)
yes, they can all SUCK IT! why compromise who you are just because someone doesn't approve. there's always going to be someone that disapproves so we might as well get over it.
I think if we can't remain true to ourselves who can we be faithful to.
I enjoy any and all packages and I agree I need sleep, but sometimes it's fun not to get it. think metallic :)
ps I like your use of "suck it".
Post a Comment