April 29th, Yep...snow. It's been a rough week.
I had a few major deadlines at work, more than a few battles to fight on the homefront with a certain stubborn two year old, and several things that are currently weighing heavy on my mind and heart. Added to that, there were overflowing toilets (again, courtesy of that child of mine), workouts that didn't get completed, floors that still need some serious mop love, the never ending pile of laundry, and a list of "nice to-do" that wasn't even considered a possibility. On top of everything else, I had a terrible dream that was so intense, and so eye-opening, that it really threw me off for a couple of days.
Did I mention that it's been a rough week.
And so now it's Friday night, I'm sitting poised on the front edge of a new weekend, and truthfully, I'm exhausted just thinking about the things I need to do this weekend to catch up and go into next week balanced and ready. I'm trying to summon up the energy to get started on my weekend to-do list. Clearly, it's not going well.
Yep, it's been a rough week.
Still, when I really think back on the week, I'm struck by the many opportunities to stretch and grow this week presented. And how much I truly have to be grateful for:
*For my amazing, wonderful, stubborn, loud-mouthed, sweet, sassy, silly, smart, beautiful baby girl. Who knew that a mother could learn so much about fearless living and open-hearted loving from her child?
*For my awesome friends, who listen to me, offer advice, guidance and support whenever I need it, and go out of their way to help me when I need their special brand of assistance. My life is composed of some seriously wonderful, generous people.
*For my sister, who listens without criticizing and gets mad in my defense, even when I'm too tired to be upset. AND keeps me supplied in cute twinner pics that make my days. Love my frist.
*For my parents, who were both intuitive enough to get in touch when I really needed to hear from them. I don't believe in coincidences. They just knew.
* For a pretty great guy who is willing to stop by just to give me a hug on what turned out to be a long, draining night. How did I ever get so lucky?
*For taking the time to really get to know myself, so I can listen to gut feelings and act on them in the best way possible for me and for Riley.
*For learning to ask for what really matters.
*For the desire I have to move forward and progress. I've always been this way, and I'm coming to value it as one of my best traits.
* For new days and new beginnings and the hope for a better tomorrow.
So, yes, it's been a rough week and I'm glad it's over. But, as always, when I stop to look at what I have and what I am blessed with, I wouldn't change it for easier weeks or a less stressful schedule. I'm very, very blessed.
4 comments:
glad this week is over FOR you! :) We sure love ya. And can't wait for your visit!!!!
i'm sorry it was such a crazy week. I totally get it...maybe there was something in the water. :) Nothing takes the edge off a bad week like a gratitude list.
I'm grateful to know you.
How I wish I lived closer so I could come help you out! Who knows, maybe in the future we'll be neighbors in Tooele raising goats together. :)
Hope all is getting better, and besides, this week is almost over, a new page, new ink, and my two year old granddaughter is closer by one week of being three. Just wait. Love ya
Post a Comment