Wednesday, August 25, 2010

On my mind tonight

**We've been out of our routine for a while now...vacations, weekends away with friends, some unexpected traveling, and while it's been a lot of fun and we've made some amazing memories, I think that both Riley and I are craving structure and routine. I am making a conscious effort to make sure we get back on track. For us, this means healthy meals, plenty of exercise, observing regular bedtimes and time at home, together. It's funny that this kind of lifestyle seems lovely to me, but I'm a homebody at heart and I like routine.

**This is sort of along the same lines as above, but lately I've been focusing on priorities and time and how the two align. Simply put, I'm trying to put first things first. I'm trying to avoid things that suck my time (facebook, random internet surfing) and instead paying attention to how I spend my time so I get the most out of what I have. It's helping. I'm noticing a difference.

**Being a Mama is the greatest part of my life, but I gotta say...being an aunt runs a close second. I've been lucky enough to spend some time with my super adorable nieces and nephews lately, and I couldn't love it more!
Me and 'Baby Karlo' August 23rd, 2010

**Riley is getting so big, so quickly. She blows me away with new things every single day. Today, she sang all the words to a song on the radio that I barely know. I'm still not sure how or where she learned it. When I asked her how she knew the words, she said "Everyone knows that song, Mama." Then rolled her eyes. Oh boy, I'm in for it.

**I went to the Lion King the other night, and WOW! It was amazing. The music, the colors, the costumes...simply amazing! These kinds of experiences are so important to me, and even though they are expensive, so totally worth it. Seeing someone else's creativity and passion come alive is so inspiring.

**My sister and I had a conversation recently that I keep revisiting mentally. Basically, it was about choosing to be ok with how things are. Doing your best, and then letting go of the rest. It's not easy for me, but it makes such a difference when I can treat life this way. My sister, though younger than me, is such a great friend and confidant and so wise. I'm grateful to have her patience and perspective to help me sort things out.

**Even though she's getting big, Riley hasn't really slowed down any. This seems to be the most typical view of Riley lately. Running, running, running....always on the move.

3 comments:

lindsey said...

that picture of riley is perfect! working on routines and getting healthy here as well.

xo

Anonymous said...

Good for you! A little break from the routine is always nice but I find its always just as good to get back on the routine too. Take care!

beck said...

:)

(I have no idea who's internet I'm swiping...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...