Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Friday! (A gratitude list)

Today, I am grateful for:

**the glorious weather we've had all week. this time of year reminds me of why I love Utah!
**finding a new babysitter. Riley loves her (and her sweet 9 month old) and she has given this mama some much needed respite.
**the fun time, great life skills, and energy burn that Riley's swimming lessons have turned out to be. 4 days a week for a month is a lot for me to commit to, but I really want her to learn to swim well and to be safe and skilled in the water. it seems we are well on our way.
**how (relatively) easy it has been to keep my house in "show" condition, now that it's on the market. I thought this would be much more difficult, but Riley is really pitching in and it's becoming routine.
**the beautiful display of roses in the Avenues during June. it's truly my favorite time of year in my neighborhood.
**You know those moments of uncontrollable laughter, the ones where your stomach hurts and your face aches from smiling so much? I've stumbled upon several of these lately, and it's amazing how much they do to keep me balanced. (thanks, G, for catching this one on camera - I know i look goofy but it was such a purely joyful, funny moment that I love the photo,anyway.)
**friends who listen when I just need to talk things out, to hear my own voice make sense of my world.
**a whole weekend stretching out ahead of me with no major obligations or commitments. My plans include sleeping as much as I want to, riding my bike, reading, long walks and a hike in there somewhere. Sounds grand, no?

3 comments:

melissa said...

that is a great photo of you...pure joy!

Amy said...

oh riley, those little legs by the pool, i just want to eat them. and that photo of you--precious. i wish i could have been there in the grass with you laughing so hard i could burst....

Elizabeth MacCrellish said...

that photo is amazing! I love love love it-- and it is such a joy to read about someone loving JUNE-- this month in NH is awful-- humid, buggy, overgrown-- after March, it is my least favorite month in NH. . so LOVE your energy around it-- and oh man--

that photo of you laughing ROCKS!!

xoxo, E

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...