Monday, September 5, 2011

A Party Fit For A Princess

Riley requested a Princess Party for her Fourth birthday.  I pushed for a swimming party, or a skating party, but she wouldn't hear of it.  And so her Princess party was planned. She dressed for the occasion in her Cinderella outfit, with opera length gloves, of course.  


The Event:

All birthday decorations were made by yours truly.  I really tried to make sure all the decorations were reusable and handmade, rather than buy a bunch of plastic junk.  I had so much fun! The banner is now hanging in Riley's room and the tissues pom poms went home with my nieces.  
Sour cream vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting. soooo yummy.

The Activities: 
The princesses decorated their own magic wands.
And made their own necklaces from the royal jewels.

"Balloon on the ankle" game - this was a hit and hilarious to watch amidst all the princess dresses and tiaras.  Who knew princesses can get so competitive?!




The Princesses: 

All of the super silly princesses.
 

 

The Fairy Godmother paid a special visit to our princesses, and granted each a special wish.


All in all:
It was a lot of fun, and also a lot of work.  I'm happy with the outcome and I'm really happy that it's over.  I'm thinking an 'every-other-year' rule for her birthday parties and going on a special birthday vacation on the off years.  After all, it's my birthday too!


Thanks to Jenica for her help with the photos.  Most of these are hers, some are mine.  One lesson I learned about throwing birthday parties - make sure you invite someone who can man the camera.  :)

1 comment:

amy gretchen said...

Yay that looks like a great party for a princess. I love all the details--man you went to a lot of work! I totally get doing the every other year birthday thing, has worked great for us. Sort of. I need to get them on different years.

I almost didn't recognize your blog. looks great! Is there anything you're not doing?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...