I keep sitting down to edit and compile my pics for my 12of12 post, and I keep finding a million other things to do instead of that. I'm not sure why- I love the 12of12, but perhaps it's going to be in quarterly installments instead of monthly for 2013. Whatevs....it'll get done, right?
1. So, I'm taking the Girl back east this spring to meet someone who I believe will be her lifelong Karmic Role Model (seriously, these two are kindred spirits) - the other Amy - and to see one of my besties since birth, Cam. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this trip. Travel? Amazing women? People who get me right down to my bones? Children I adore? A new corner of the world to explore? Yes, Please!
2. Do you guys have Spotify? Do you love it? I love it. You should get it. You'd love it, too. At least, you should try out the free month trial and see what it does for your life. It made mine much more musically diverse, which is only a good thing.
3. It's January in Salt Lake City, which means inversions and Sundance. When possible, I avoid really large crowds and men's cologne overdoses, so Sundance is out. And the inversion means red air quality, which means I can't play outside, so XC skiing/snowshoeing/winter hiking is out. Plus it's really cold (like 2 degrees this morning. yeeesh.) So what I'm saying here is that this is the time of year to catch up on Netflix, and "How I Met Your Mother" is my current time-waster. It's hilarious. I'm plowing through the seasons.
4. I've been inspired by C. Jane to write my life stories similar to the way she wrote hers - and although I'm not posting them on my blog, it's been such a good way for me to step back and gain perspective about my life and the stories that make it up. In some cases, it's validating and empowering - allowing me to really own the stories that are mine and to let go of those that aren't. In other cases, it's been so healing - allowing me to offer forgiveness to myself and others and to acknowledge that, despite mistakes and trials that were largely of my own making, I was always just doing the best I could and working with what I had. I doubt that these life stories are anything I'll ever share publicly - I plan to let Riley read them someday, and maybe a future spouse (should I ever get another one of those) - but even if I'm the only person who ever reads these, that's enough. Writing them was enough.
5. Womanhood. Feminism. Body image. Spirituality vs. religiosity. Grace. Sexuality. Self Acceptance vs. Perfectionism. Compassion. Ego. Activism. All topics that have been on my mind lately. Separately and together. Singularly and plural. A big mess of complex topics all taking up space in my brain.
6. I think I am going to go back to school. I have no idea what this will look like yet. More coursework towards my sorta close PhD? Graduate work in an entirely different area? Just some courses to update my education and round out my CV? Classes in a 'luxury' area, one that won't change my career, per se, but are more for personal interest? I really have no idea, but the idea is firmly taken hold in my mind. I think I am going to go back to school.
7. I'm trying to drink more water. And I've found that I really prefer to drink diet Mt. Dew. This is no surprise to me (and to anyone who knows me), but I thought I'd write it here anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment