I used to blog about these things on Friday as a way to close out the work week, but lately I've noticed that Sunday seems to be the day that I reflect back on the week behind me, and the time I also set intentions for the week ahead. I already do this privately, but I think I'll begin bringing it here, as well.
Gratitude
*I've been a bit confused lately about where and how to focus my professional efforts. Given that my career is necessary, both as an important part of my mental and emotional makeup, as well as the means to support myself and my daughter, I get rather unsettled when this area of my life feels out of whack. In the last few days, however, some glitches worked themselves out and I found some clarity on a few other issues. I'm feeling much better about where things are now.
*I've had my dog, Harley, for 11 years. He is my first baby, my sweet, mellow companion, and a constant source of unconditional love. He is about 14 years old now, elderly in dog years, and his health is depleting. His hearing is almost gone, he has a benign heart murmur which will eventually lead to congestive heart failure and recently, he developed an eye lesion. This week has seen us at the vet several times for treatment of his eye- a minor procedure but still very hard for me to handle (read: i sat in my vet's office and cried for an hour. twice.) This experience made the fact that he's not going to be around forever very, very real but opening up to a few people about how hard this is for me has brought so much love and support. That love and support and the knowledge that I have people to be there for me when some hard choices need to be made eases the heartache. (Also, for those who are wondering, his eye is much better than expected. Yay!)
![]() |
| Harley, at the vet on Tuesday, April 23 |
*Oh, yeah...did I mention... it's Spring! It's Spring! IT'S SPRING! Warmer weather! Bike season begins! Flowers! Evening walks! I am so ready and grateful for this season!
![]() |
| One of many photos I took wandering around my neighborhood this week. I love Spring! |
Intentions:
Moving into next week, I am setting the intentions to:
*Be mindful of those things I know help me stay balanced: clean, healthy food, plenty of exercise and a tidy, organized home.
*Stay focused on the task at hand. I've picked up a tendency of floating between several projects at once, meaning I get a bunch of things halfway done. I find this method distracting and unsatisfying, so I'm working hard to break this habit.
*Carry a 'real' camera with me more often. My iPhone is such a handy way to capture life, but I find that photos I take with my Cannon or even my toy film cameras are more satisfying; they are usually visually superior and it gives me a chance to work on my technical photography skills. Plus, having my 'real' camera shifts me into a more creative mindset-which is never a bad thing.
So now I'm wondering -
What are you grateful for this week?
What intentions are you setting for the week ahead?
52 Photos project:
I'm playing along with Bella's 52 Photos Project, and this is week's prompt was "conversation." Luckily, I took a photo of a my sweet 15 year old niece right before her shift started at work. Having a chance to catch up with her, even for just a few minutes, was a highlight of my day.


1 comment:
sounds like you had a wonderful week...so many sweet things you've shared.
Post a Comment