One of my favorite things to do in my city is to explore the various neighborhoods, and one of my very favorites is 9th & 9th. It's a relaxed, funky little corner of the city that is home to my favorite restaurant, fun little shops and a yoga studio I frequent (if one could call my yoga frequent. ahem.)
When I saw the prompt for this week's 52Photos Project, I knew a visit to the 9th & 9th neighborhood was in my future. That way, I could take some photos of the "street art" and I could eat at Mazza - two very good reasons to head that way.
I took a few different photos that day, all of which could be considered "street art" (I'll post some others to Instagram) but I chose this one to represent this week's theme. I really love this painting - Ganesh is supposed to be incredibly powerful, and I'm drawn to what he represents. I'm considering wearing a friend's Ganesh necklace to help set in motion some changes I have in mind, but that's a topic for a whole different blog post. So, anyways....this week's 52 photos submission.
2 comments:
wonderful pic. & I too adore Ganesh; I don't actually believe in, well, anything except math & science but our local museum had a huge exhibit to welcome their bodhisattva & among the things local people contributed was a collection of Ganesh figures & tapestries. I have never been so moved by anything in my life.
very cool street art.
Post a Comment