The past couple of weeks have been rough, to say the least.
Between a not-so-fun illness for the Girl, painful dental work for me, the loss of a loved one and some other lame-o drama thrown into the mix, there have been moments (lots of moments!) when I have felt overwhelmed and under -equipped to keep standing and moving forward. More than once, I have wanted to simply crawl into bed and stay there until the emotional upheaval and the exhaustion passed. But of course, that wasn't ever an option. Life doesn't work that way.
Now that I'm on the other side of most of it, I can look back and see how times like these- times when life demands too much- bring their own benefits. I can be grateful for the strength I receive from my family, the support I receive from friends and co-workers, and the love I've been shown through every ordeal.
As I contemplated this reality tonight, I realized that I simply had to look at the snaps on my phone to see evidence of the blessings that have come with the pain of the past few weeks. I thought I would share a few here to remind my self of this one powerful truth: There is a lot of good in my life and even in the darkest time, I don't have to look hard to find the light.
 |
| This little one- I'm completely smitten with her. |
 |
| One of my nieces made me an "I love you book." Does it get any better than that? |
 |
| I haven't seen my youngest brother for almost three years. It was good to see him, despite the circumstances. |
 |
| Love these girls. |
 |
| This girl. She cracks me up, dance moves and all. |
 |
| lilacs are my favorite flower. They remind me of childhood summers. |
 |
| Me and my wacky little shadow. |
No comments:
Post a Comment