Friday, May 21, 2010

Gratitude Friday

I woke up this morning already mentally composing the list for Gratitude Friday. I think it is pretty significant when your sleeping mind is already constructing a list for your blog. It must mean it needs to be put out into the Universe. I've got some good things going on.

** I finally * FINALLY* [raising arms in praise] felt like i got my training mojo back this week, after a great ride on Wednesday. I averaged 18 MPH over the 32 miles, and woke up the next morning with that 'good-kind-of sore', which left me happy and excited for biking season. My first triathlon of the season is supposed to be tomorrow, but the forecast is for cold weather and rain, so I think it will be canceled or rescheduled. And I'm completely fine with that because I'm back, baby!

**Today kicks off a whole weekend of Girl Time Goodness. First, going out some friends after work, followed by some 'Amy time' tonight (I desperately need this right now). Tomorrow is the Women of Steel Tri (if it happens) and then a slumber party with my girls. Sunday includes church (where I get to babysit a little cutie), lunch with my favorite man (ok, so he's not a girl, but whatever...I miss him and need to see him) and then taking off with the Bugness to California for a week with my sister!

**Did I mention I'm going to see my sister? And her twins? And her hubs? in California? For a week? These are four of my favorite people on the planet who live in one of my favorite places on the planet and I haven't seen them since JULY. It's been way too long. Sister, twinners, Trader Joe's, Favorite Mall Ever, sunshine, ocean....here I come!

** My New Jersey Cheerleader and I are planning a little road trip after Squam in North Carolina this October. I can't even begin to explain how excited this plan makes me.

**I got my new camera a couple of days ago, just in time for my trip! I'm madly in love so far.

**I am so grateful for my friends and family who are always there for me. I started to feel really overwhelmed with the amount of training I have to fit into an already full schedule, and when I asked for help, offers flooded in. Just seeing the responses on email and facebook made me teary. I truly have the world's greatest support crew.

**I was invited to join a new bookclub, and it looks like I may have found my niche. The reading lineup looks great and I think I'll enjoy getting to know the members.

**My work is so busy but so satisfying right now. I love the fact that I go to a job that feels like I am making a difference and where I am constantly learning and improving. I'm very aware that not many people can say that. I'm grateful that I can.

3 comments:

amy gretchen said...

I'm so glad you got your mojo back. :)

Looking forward to this weekend and your "amy" time sounds divine. Bring your camera along so we can play.

Have fun with your sister. Sounds like an amazing week ahead.

Amy said...

So much to be grateful for! What an awesome list--glad I made it on there! Have a great trip to Cali! Can't wait to see pics of the twinners!

Nat said...

I love SFO! Have some fun for me. Hugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...