
Queen Mama and Princess Riley, January 1, 2011
It all started with this drawing.
"Look, Mama. I drew you a picture!"
She was so excited to show me this drawing. I could see that there were two people, and I was thrilled because it was the first drawing she has done (that I have seen, anyway) where her people had recognizable parts. There were definite arms and leg, eyes and mouths, and I had to laugh at the expression on the person on the right.
"Tell me about this picture, Riley. Who is this?"
She told me that it was me and her, and then proceeded to show me that she was the shorter figure, and although we both had bangs, she had longer hair (now that she has seen the Rapunzel movie, she is determined to have the longest hair possible, and most certainly longer than mine). She also told me that I couldn't tell in the drawing, but her dress was prettier and "twirl-ier" than mine.
"Why isn't my dress as pretty as yours, Riley?"
Apparently, I was the queen and I had spent all my money on a dress for her, so I had to make mine out of blankets and garbage bags. But then she must have thought that I was hurt by my clothing material, so she did offer this one consolation...
"You know what, Mom...since you are the queen, you do get a prettier dress when you die. Which will be soon. Because the hungry, hungry hippos come out of the cave to eat the queen every year after Christmas."
"Well, that doesn't sound very nice. I don't want to be eaten by hippos."
"It's better than being locked in the fairy dungeon."
"If you say so..."
I swear, I couldn't make up the stuff that comes out of her mouth. I love that she has an active imagination, but should I be worried about the fact that she's dressing me in garbage and planning my demise?
7 comments:
i can NOT stop laughing. thank you. thank you riley.
.
.
.
and good luck.
Bless her little pointed horns. :)
That's really cute...It's awesome you have the blog to keep a log of this stuff she says, but perhaps you could journal it for her to; cause really.... That is freaking priceless. I wish my mom had done that for me.
She is too freakin' funny!
I'm with Jenica--I'm rolling over here at your garbage bag dress & your inevitable demise from the hippos. Her mind is going to take her place. Love that kid.
OMG this cracked me up! Love the imagination! Oh, and I echo Jenica's Good Luck. :)
I think you might have a future writer on your hands...xo
NOt to worry, my just turned 4 year old grandson has killed off several of his "wives' and girlfriends, along with all of his family at different times. When I ask him what he's going to do all alone- he says, Grandma, you doesn't really die- I just betendin' LOL (said with the attitude that grandma's just aren't very smart!)
Post a Comment