I got her out on snowshoes for the first time today, and the Girl took to it like a fish to water. Granted, we only tromped around our front yard for a while so she could get the feel of maneuvering her feet with big shoes attached, but she did great-fantastic balance and completely at ease right from the start. We have big plans to tackle the short hike in Memory Grove tomorrow afternoon and we're both excited to see how it goes.
I love being able to teach my daughter through my example to be active, and that living a "Healthy and Strong Life" is an important thing to strive for. It's fun for me to see her enjoy the outdoors and want to try something I love to do.
Another thing I love about these photos is that I can see evidence of me here: ponytail, yoga pants, fleece and snowshoes.Yep, she's my girl alright.
2 comments:
So fun! Hope you have a beautiful hike tomorrow!
Oh, I saw a little girl that reminded me so much of Riley - her face and the big smile she was wearing.
She really is a mini- you, and the best parts of you!
Post a Comment