Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hello out there! and November Gratefuls

Hello.  Hi.  Remember me?

I'm the girl who usually posts here three-ish times a week?

Yeah?  You do remember?  Oh good.  Just wanted to stop in, say hi, and that I'm hoping to be back in full swing soon. 

Her current choice of "me" time entertainment - the Riley playlist on my iPod
The past three weeks, I've been hit and hit hard by a wicked sinus infection, which joined forces with a double ear infection to really give me a run for my money, health-wise.   Sure, there are much worse things I could be suffering from, but for a person who is usually insanely healthy...well, I'm frustrated.  And tired.  And irritable.  And ready for this bump in the road to smooth out.  I'm trying to stay positive though, and am grateful for great medical care I have access to, and that things are getting better day by day.  I'll get there.  I'll make it.  Still, any prayers or positive energy or healing vibes you want to throw my way are very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Now, on to the real topic of this post....


In November, I join several friends in recounting something I am grateful for each day.  Many of my friends post these thoughts on Facebook, but I am spending very little time on Facebook these days.  So, I am writing them in my journal instead.  Still, I wanted to post them online, as well, since many of the good in my life is due to the amazing people I am surround by and I think it's important to acknowledge the good in our lives out loud, and often.  There is no rhyme or reason as to why I chose to post the list, thus far, today.  I just wanted to get it out there and am excited to continue through the rest of the month.  

Nov. 1 - Grateful for a small home that goes from trashed to tidy in less than an hour.
Nov. 2 - Grateful for a much-needed evening to myself.
Nov. 3 - Grateful that my little girl is learning the value of "me" time (see photo above.)
Nov. 4- Grateful that I have an objective person on my side, to listen and to advise.
Nov. 5- Grateful for the dedicated 'creative space' in my home, one that I can close it off to keep little hands out of projects.
Nov. 6- Grateful for a quiet day at home to rest and get myself back on the road to health.
Nov. 7- Grateful for excellent healthcare providers and insurance.
Nov. 8- Grateful for a productive day, despite large amounts of cold medicine and antibiotics and painkillers.
Nov. 9- Grateful that a much anticipated meeting went well, and for an early night and 10+ hours of sleep.
Nov. 10 - Grateful to have spent the evening at a good friend's home, soaking up her wisdom and her girls' playful happiness.

Nov. 11- Grateful for my military experience; for the opportunity to serve, for the life lessons I learned and for the committed, brave, and generous people I met along the way. 
Nov. 12 - Grateful for a plethora of little girls; for giggles and hugs, for dances and drawings.
Nov. 13 - Grateful for a new chance to serve others, and for the songs and words of children.

3 comments:

kelly barton said...

grateful for you and this little view.

Steph said...

Mmm, I'm with Kelly. Grateful for you and this glimpse into your world. Hope you find your usual insane health soon...

Steph
xox

Amy said...

feel better soon. miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...