Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful

Riley and I spent Thanksgiving in Idaho with my family.  We stayed at my Dad's home, and enjoyed four days of family, fun, and aMAZing mexican food (we branched out a little for Thanksgiving Dinner this year.)  We drove back to Utah this afternoon, and I spent most of the drive thinking about how good things are for us right now, and how thankful I am for the life I live and for how things always seem to turn out how they are supposed to.  It reminded me that I needed to catch up on posting my November Gratitude lists here.  
upside down me

Nov. 14 - Grateful for Mondays, for my full schedule and the fulfillment that I find in my work.
Nov. 15 - Grateful for the opportunity i have to work with several 8-11 year old girls in my new church commitment.
Nov. 16- Grateful for a flexible schedule and an understanding boss - taking a sick day to care for Riley is not nearly as stressful as it could be. 
Nov. 17- Grateful for the sorted and organized home and mind that comes with some time to myself.
Nov. 18- Grateful for the chance to end the week with some of my favorite people and for an evening of rest and relaxation.
Nov. 19- Grateful for my dear friend who helped me out at a moment's notice, and for the cheerful spirits that she and her three girls posess.  Being in their home, even just for a very short time, left me uplifted and happy.
Nov. 20 - Grateful that, despite the fact that Riley is not feeling her best, we were able to enjoy a quiet Sunday at home together- reading, cooking and napping.
Nov. 21- Grateful that my girl was well enough to go to school today, and that I finished up my Christmas shopping today.  I still have to work on some gifts that I am making, but by and large - I'm done!
Nov. 22- Grateful that I'm finally able to work out at my normal level.  It's been almost a month since I've been able to work hard at the gym, and I really missed it!
Nov. 23- Grateful for my daughter's newest obsession - Gala apples.  I'm always happy when she adds another healthy item to her limited eating repertoire. 
Nov. 24- Grateful for my family, especially those that are not with us today.  I'm very blessed to be part of such a tight knit family, a group that truly enjoys each other's company.  I'm also thankful for the hilarity a turkey pinata adds to the traditional Thanksgiving celebrations.
Riley and Lexi and the iPad
Nov. 25 - Grateful for the friendship my sweet nieces offer to my daughter.  As an only child, they provide her with a sense of what it would be like to have siblings, and she just adores them (as do I).  I'm so grateful that we can spend time with them this weekend.
Nov. 26- Grateful for the truly excellent sleep I've had for the past three nights.  I sleep better at my Dad's home than anywhere else on earth, and three days of that type of rest will hold me for several weeks.  I always leave there with a rested and happy heart.


Things are good.
Things are just really, really good.
I'm so very Thankful. 

1 comment:

Steph said...

What a beautiful list. I am grateful for you.
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...