Saturday, November 5, 2011

What's going on around here


It snowed today-the first real snow storm of the season.  At first, I was sort of "ew! ick! snow!" but an early morning romp through the freshly fallen powder with Riley and Harley was all it took to turn that attitude around and remember that I can enjoy it.  I guess it's time to get the snowshoes and XC skis out.

 Riley's new bedtime regime leaves me with more free time in the evenings than I have had since she was born.  Besides catching up on my own sleep, I've been using the time to work on various crafty-DIY projects that I've had my eye on for a while, but haven't had the time or energy to undertake.  I like stretching my creativity in these ways and it's always fun to learn new skills.  I'll post some pics of the projects I've been working on soon.

Today has been a majorly lazy day, all around.  We got up and made pancakes for breakfast, played in the snow, watched a movie and made salt dough, went to our favorite burger joint for lunch, watched another movie and now we are eating cereal and bananas for dinner.  On the agenda for tonight- yep, another movie.  It's a pretty atypical Saturday for us (usually they are filled with errands and housework), but it's been very nice, nonetheless.

November is the month that I have to apply for Riley to go to the school I'd like her to attend (I'm hoping she can attend a school that's a bit closer to my work rather than the school that she'd attend based on school boundaries.)  Making plans for her to attend school is such a reality check for me.  Where did my tiny baby go?  Where is the toddler?  How do I have a child that is starting to read and write?  It's bizarre!  And it makes me really try to savor each moment with her.  They are fleeting and precious, indeed.

Riley just told me that our house looks like a "tomato" hit it.  Haha!  I'm happy that came out of her mouth while I'm writing here. And for the record, she's absolutely right.

I'm not a huge fan of the holidays (in fact, to say I sorta dread them is a much more accurate) but I'm really working on changing my attitude this year.  Riley is excited about them, I have all my christmas gifts planned and many are ready, and I'm going to slash and burn through the invitations that have already started to arrive.  It's going to be ok.  It will all be ok.  *deep breath*

So...What's new with you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...