Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Because I need to do this....



I gotta say...I've been in a weird funk the last few days, and topped it off with a little fender bender last evening (not my fault, but so annoying). I allowed myself to be in a negative headspace last night, which is usually all it takes for me to be ok with things again. Not so much this time.

So, in an effort to lift myself out of this funk and continue to notice the good things I have, I thought I'd post another little list of things I am thankful for.

* My cute cousin, Megan (pictured above). I talked to her for a while last night, and she never fails to make me smile. She is so sweet and funny and happy, and she has the cutest baby and nicest husband. Plus she has this quirky sense of humor that I just love. Thanks, Meg. talking to you about life and kids and my 'men' made my night.

* I am truly thankful that I have a good job that allows me to support my daughter and myself in a comfortable manner. I know that a lot of single moms really struggle financially, and I am grateful not to have that added stress. It was nice to realize that the car accident yesterday was a mild inconvenience and that I'd be able to take care of it.

* My writing is coming along very well, and I am grateful to have a creative outlet that produces work that I am very proud of.

* Madi and Beckie are my adopted family, and I don't know what I'd do without them. So INCREDIBLY grateful for everything they do for me and for Riley.

* Little thing, but Riley slept all through the night last night, which means I slept through the night last night. So grateful for SIX SOLID hours of sleep (hey, maybe someday we'll get to SEVEN or even EIGHT!)

I know my life is good. I know it. Everyone gets to be in a weird funk every so often.

3 comments:

kelly barton art + design said...

a great reminder....each day to
go through our list of blessings.
ollie, our puppy, finally made it through the nite without barking.
now that is a blessing!

peace.

Brynne said...

That is not a little thing! after so many months of NOT sleeping through the night, once you finally do, you realize how awesome it is to sleep for 6 hours! Yay riley! I want to read your writing.

Camz :-) said...

Hey I wanted to let ya know that I tagged ya on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...