Tuesday, October 28, 2008

An Open Letter to the Universe:

October 28th, 2008

Dear Universe:

First, I have always been a big fan of your work. I believe in your principles, especially in Kharma and the idea that what we put out into the world comes back to us. I try to live a good life. I try to make the right decisions. I try to be kind and compassionate and generous, knowing that by doing so, I invite those qualities back into my own existence.

I believe that we are given hard times and rough patches to teach us patience and strength. I believe you put experiences in our paths that help teach us things we need to learn. I believe that by being in places that are scratchy and uncomfortable, we have a chance to stretch and grow, to become polished. All in all, I believe that you give us life experiences that help us build character.

I am writing to ask for a break. You see, although I believe in all of the above, I also believe one more thing.

I HAVE ENOUGH DAMN CHARACTER!

Best Regards,
Amy

5 comments:

Steph said...

I love this! You took the words right out of my mouth.:)

I also love the new look. Well done!

Steph said...

ps - I hope your character-building experiences subside for a well-deserved break.

Be well.

jenica said...

(((hugs)))

just perfect

Amy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look and this just made me laugh so hard. Your writing is insane! How often do all of us feel this way, but you put it in the perfect words. Thanks for this letter, I'll be sending it to the universe myself today, too.

Anonymous said...

i think i have the answer to all of your problems. a good old trip down to pocatello might just do the trick. come hang out let me play with riley and i can almost garantee a positive outcome!! but i do also think your pretty amazing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...