Friday, November 7, 2008

Gratitude Friday


I've kind of slacked off lately on writing my "gratitude friday" post (blame it on sickness and Halloween) so today I'm back in the game. I really do find it helpful to take a few minutes and focus on the many good things I have going for me.

I have many, many things to be grateful for lately. A quick list:

1. Last weekend was spent in Idaho with my family, and the rest, relaxation and peace that came out of it have done so much to help me pull myself out of the slump I've been in. Sleeping in (thanks again, keith and jamie), time with my nieces, a special gift, and some much needed advice have done wonders to ease my mind and make me re-affirm the things I need to be focusing on right now.

2. The very cold weather here has reminded me to be thankful for a warm, comfortable home, a safe vehicle and my ability to provide for myself and Riley.

3. I am very grateful for my wonderful friends and my amazing family, who have been incredibly kind, supportive and uplifting. I'm also grateful for the new friends i've been making and old ones that I've recently been in contact with. This life is all about connections, and I'm lucky to have such great ones!

4. VERY happy that the U pulled it together in the last two minutes in their win over TCU. Next game, BYU. BSC, here we come!

5. Finally, as always, I am so grateful to have the incredible opportunity to be a mom and to have my daughter in my life. She just delights me in so many ways and I can't imagine my life without her in it. Love you, Bug.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...