Friday, November 14, 2008

Gratitude Friday


James and I at the TCU/UU football game .....see what i mean? Old friends are the best!

A reader emailed me this week and asked me if I only think about the things I am grateful for on Fridays. The answer to that question is No, Absolutely not. I try to take the time to notice and be grateful for the many, many, MANY good things in my life on a regular basis. I try to build a regular practice of gratitude into my life by doing small things such as making sure to thank those that serve me (store clerks, waiters, etc.) and by pointing out to my daughter all the good things in our lives (yes, she is probably too young to understand but I want it to be a habit). I take time to think about and offer up thanks for the abundance in my life, and I really believe that because I do notice and I am grateful, more comes to me to be grateful for.

Does that make sense?

So, on that note, the things I am VERY VERY VERY Grateful for this week include:
1. Finally feeling good after several weeks of being sick. Having some energy is a really nice thing.
2. I moved into my new work office and it's very nice. It's pleasant, light, and efficient, plus it is in a nice building, with convenient parking and mountain dew on tap. Really, could work get any better that this?
3. Amazing family and wonderful friends, both old and new, who make me laugh, make good things great, keep me moving forward, and bring out the best in me. Thanks, ya'all. Love you THIS much!
4. A very exciting opportunity at work has presented itself to me, and I'm all over it. I'm so grateful to have the chance to do something that really excites me and makes coming to work so fun (well, fun for me, but I'm kind of a geek)!
5. Finally, I have some time this weekend to myself to "fill up the well". Although I have a lot going on otherwise, I'm looking forward to taking some time to myself to be nice to me. I work hard and I deserve it. And I'm grateful to be in a place where I can recognize the truth of those words.

As always, i recognize the great things in my life and honor them by taking some time to blog about them.

What about you? What are you grateful for?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...