Closing my eyes, taking a deep breath, and letting go of...
* the idea that I need to know exactly what is going to happen tomorrow, a week from now, a year from now, or ten years from now
* the belief that I have any control over the choices others make
* the worry that I am not enough
* the fear of making another bad choice
* the anxiety that creeps up when I remember it's not just my feelings that are at stake
* the instinct to close down, to protect myself from being hurt again
* the attachment to the outcome
2 comments:
Thank you for these words Amy. I needed a reminder to do the same.
Wishing you a peaceful today,
Stephanie
Have you ever read "The Secret"? I started practicing the sort of thing the book tells you years before the book came about because it's not an original idea. It's all about choosing what to focus upon and redirecting your thoughts from things that don't feel good, especially when there is not reason to dwell there. Probably not the best description, but I am a total believer and have managed to convince my husband there is something to it just through my example. I'd love to share more info. The source I get my info from is why I started doing my own version of your Gratitude Fridays. Maybe you are already practicing this?
Post a Comment