Friday, January 2, 2009

Gratitude Friday

Today, I'm savoring the little things.


*The smell of coffee at work. I don't even drink it, but I love the smell.
*Dangly earrings.
*A couple of days to myself-to reflect, recharge and reconnect.
*New books piled up by my bed - looking forward to losing myself in their pages.
*Slipping into soft, silky, lavender-scented sheets.
*Gold shoes at work - a fun touch of 'bling' for an otherwise serious outfit.
*New red lipstick that I can totally pull off. Sexy AND classy- at least, that's what 'he' said.
*Chocolate cake for breakfast - starting the day off right.
*An awesome new playlist for the gym- courtesy of a sweet friend.
* Rediscovering old friends on Facebook - so fun to see faces from the past.
*Pulling on my favorite skinny jeans - and realizing they are too big!
* Seeing dear friends in the most random places.
* A note left in my car months ago- just discovered today.
* The many happy new years messages i received yesterday. I am saving them all in the permanent file.
* a new journal to start the new year - blank pages waiting to be filled up as the year unfolds itself.
* Anticipating watching the team I supported all season play in their Bowl game - it's so uplifting to watch others realize their dreams.

For these things, the little things that make life so sweet, I am grateful.

7 comments:

Steph said...

This is a great list. I LOVE the gold shoes and the red lipstick. You go!!!

Wishing you a happy 2009 full of little things to savour.

Stephanie :)

Amy said...

I'm feeling so inspired by all my blogger friends today. I have felt so guilty and angry and disappointed in myself about blogging and creativity in general, but today is a new day~there are no deadlines, there are no rights and wrongs. Thanks to my girlies for making me realize that every day is a new day! xo
Amy

Erin said...

Never thought I would be a Facebook addict, but I am glad I am because otherwise we may have never reconnected. There are no coincidences...

bluepoppy said...

oh yum yum yum-- new books piled by the bed-- a fresh new journal to fill--- those are some of my favorite things, too!

Bisous, Elizabeth

kelly barton art + design said...

happy 2009 girlie.
skinny jeans - you are a brave
chick. they scare me.

Amy said...

No, when I said Skinny Jeans, I meant 'the ones I wear when i'm feeling skinny' not the one's cut skinny. I can't wear the skinny cut jeans. I gotta work my curves, girl, and I need straight legs to balance the hips!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

your gratitude always inspires me...thank you for sharing these pieces of your world.

happy new year to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...