Friday, January 30, 2009

Special Edition of Gratitude Friday: TWINNERS!

My little sister had her twins last nights. They made their debut around 9:30 MST (I'm still working on exact times) and are beautiful and perfect, as you can see from the pics below. My sister, who is tiny and delicate, carried them to 38 weeks, delivered them without a c-section, and they were GINORMOUS for twins.

Please meet Bamboo (aka Baby A). Just a nickname until the real names are sorted out.

Bamboo was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and was 20 inches long. He had a little trouble with his O2 sats but is doing ok and will spend a little time in the NICU. He looks JUST LIKE JOEY!

Next, here is Twig (Baby B).

He's a trooper and a feisty little guy. I heard him yelling on the phone last night and that kid has a set of lungs! He was 7 lbs. 8 oz and is also 20 inches long. He looks JUST LIKE JOEY! (of course, they are identical twins, so this isn't a big shock to anyone.)

Becky is truly the Superhero in all of this! She's earned her place in the Rockstar Mom Hall of Fame, as far as I am concerned!

I'll keep everyone posted. I'm so happy they are here and so grateful that all was ok, and so excited to meet my Nephews! Love you, Becky, Joey, Bamboo and Twig!

4 comments:

jenica said...

yay! she's a superhero. i can't believe how big they are!

xoxo

Rui Z said...

I was secretly (maybe be not so "secretly" since I asked you about this almost everyday) excited about your nephews. I am so glad that they are so healthy! It's unbelievable that are so big for twins. I am so glad that i was not your sister...

carolyn said...

i found your blog from jenica's.
i just wanted to say that i have a twin sister and there is no stronger or more special bond than the one twins share. your nephews are going to love growing up with each other!

Nat said...

Give Becky my best. Those are some sweet, sweet pictures. 15 pounds of baby! She's my hero.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...