Her pink "buggie" hat she made herself.
Riley has been saying some very funny, very articulate things lately. She uses such big words for an almost three year old, and she uses them correctly. "Complicated", "dangerous" and "situation" are just a few that come to mind right off. I am trying to stay in the habit of writing the really fun ones down so they are remembered and shared. Just a few of them...
**We were in the grocery store and Riley rounded a corner, encountering a slippery floor. She went down, and the group of firemen who happened to be right there fussed over her, trying to help her up. She pushed them away, pulled herself up, brushed herself off, leveled them a lethal look, and said to these men "so not the drama" while flouncing off, determined to put this little embarrassment behind her. I could hear them laughing about it several aisles away.
**We were driving home a few evenings ago and I was giving her the standard "when we get home, I want you to brush your teeth and change into your PJ's" talk. She started arguing and I argued right back. Instead of crying or whining, she put her head in her hands dejectedly and said "I'm freaking out! I'm just FREAKING OUT!"
**I overheard her talking to "Lydia" (her imaginary friend) and apparently Lydia was not going along with Riley's plans. Riley told her, very succinctly, "my way or the highway, girlie". I guess Lydia fell in line after that. I didn't hear any more out of either of them.
**We left Baby Nuggets at Grandma Nita's, so Grandma had to mail her back. (Can't be without Baby Nuggets for too long, after all). When I told Riley that Grandma sent Baby Nuggets back, she was happy but was more concerned that Grandma didn't come with her. I told her Grandma had stuff to do at home. She replied, disgustedly, "I always knew my Grandma Nita was lazy." For the record, my Mom is anything but lazy, but now we call her Lazy Nita around here.
*She asked me where her Dad was, and I told her he was probably sleeping. She said "But it's wake-up time. He's not sleeping." I said that he worked all night so he was tired and she informed me that her Daddy was not tired, he was "a bundle of joy." Again, not sure where she came by this information, but I can attest that her Dad is NOT a bundle of joy when he's tired.
She's such a funny kid. I wish I could record everything that comes out of her mouth.
5 comments:
priceless!
That picture of her & her little face is perfection. I've always loved what you learn about your little ones by the things they say. She is definitely yours...confident & spicy. Hilarious!
"confident & spicy" that's the perfect way to describe both of you. xoxo
The 'freaking out' one has me rolling. I love it! So glad you combined her blog and yours :)
Those five little stories made my day. I so needed that, Amy. I love her.
Post a Comment